Friday, March 25, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT - Kailyn's story

 

Kailyn’s Fire Story

September 8, 2020

When I was done eating, I went to play but I heard a sound outside.

When I went outside, I saw gray clouds! I realized the clouds weren’t clouds, it was SMOKE!

I was so scared.

I told my grandma and she freaked out and told me to start packing.

So, I started packing everything, so fast!

My sister came home from my cousin’s house and started eating.

I was packing up everyone’s stuff. My sister called 911 and asked for help because my grandma doesn’t drive. Our mom was at work and my sister is only eleven. My brother was with us too, he was three at the time. The police told us to stay calm and stay there until they could arrive. The police came pretty soon! I rode in a police car alone with the policeman and my grandma, my sister and my little brother rode in a police van.

My mom picked us up from the Collier Theater in Talent.

We went to my uncle’s house. The next morning a photographer told us that we could look at our house, but it was damaged/destroyed. It was really sad. I found a plastic thing in the dirt where our house used to be.

I will never forget that day!

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...