Friday, April 22, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT - Fernanda's story , English Translation of HISTORIA DEL ESTUDIANTE: PRIMARIA DE TALENT: La Historia del Incendio de Fernanda

Memories of the Fire of 9-8-2020

by Fernanda

The 8th of September, that morning I woke up, and there was so much wind! Later we saw a lot of smoke when we went to take my brother to his work. We were thinking tht it was just cloudy. We heard on the radio that there were houses burning. We went back for my brother because we wwere going to have to evacuate. 

My mom told us, WE HAVE TO GO. WE MUST EVACUATE!

My dad was with us. A friend had brought him to our house. My parents decided to drive to Gold Beach because it was far from the fire. On the road we realized that there were more fires. We did arrive at Gold Beach, and we stayed there one night. 

 When we left Talent, I saw a lot of smoke, I saw a little bit of red on the mountains, and a lot of traffic. I was afriad because I thought our house was going to burn, and that the houses of my friends would burn. 

The thing that I will never forget about that day are the people who remained trapped in their houses. 

 

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...