Thursday, December 1, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Alexis' Fire Story

 Alexis’ Fire Story 

    On the morning of September 8, 2020. I was playing with my friends outside of my house. I suddenly started to smell smoke and ran inside. I told my dad that I smelled smoke. He grabbed his phone and looked at the news. The news said that the fire was next to our house. Then we packed our things and got in the car. My friends left to their own house. I saw fire coming towards us. I felt nervous. We went to pick up my mom from work and drove to a hotel in Medford. At the hotel, they told us that the fire was coming close to the hotel, so we had to leave. We drove to my family’s house in Grants Pass. On our way to Grants Pass, I saw a lot of cars driving fast. Then we had to go to the store in Grants Pass because I was hungry. My dad bought me a piece of bread. We spent one night in Grants Pass.

    The next morning, we woke up and drove to my dad’s ranch and stayed there for two nights. My sister and I went outside and there was still a little bit of smoke and a little of fire too.

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...