Tuesday, September 13, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Thea's Fire Story

Thea’s Fire Story

    I was eating breakfast and me and my sister we’re making a fort all the way until lunchtime. I was like, “What is that big tornado cloud over there?” My mom said, “that’s a big fire!!!” So, we thought it would be a good idea to evacuate to my dad’s house.

    We got there, my dad was waiting for us, my cousins were also there. We took the back roads because the other way would have way too much traffic, but even though we took the back way, in Talent, it still was busy.

    Along the way, I saw things on fire, lots of smoke, police cars…. It was CRAZY! We drove to Gold Hill because my mom has a friend there and we stayed with them for one night. I was scared. We went to sleep late that night looking at the news on my mom’s phone. I really thought we lost our house in Talent.

    The next day, we were still a little scared but everything was back to normal and we got to back to my mom’s house. We had to throw away lots of food from our fridge but I am grateful that we didn’t lose our home and my family was safe. 

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...