Friday, September 9, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Jordan's Fire Story

 Jordan’s Fire Story

On the morning of September 8, 2020, I ate breakfast.

It was windy.

Around lunchtime, I saw smoke and fire! The green grass across the street was on FIRE!

I was scared! The police knocked on our door.

The policeman told us to leave the house and to EVACUATE!

We didn’t pack anything. We just got in our car.

Then we had to evacuate to Medford. We saw smoke! There was a lot of traffic. Everyone was trying to evacuate.

We had to find somewhere to stay. It was my dad, my mom and my four brothers and me.

We stayed at the EXPO center with a lot of other people. People gave us food. 

My mom checked Facebook and found out that our house was burned down! My cousins’ house wasn’t burned down. 

My parents cried. The next morning, our parents tried to find someplace to live but we could not. Luckily, we found a house in Ashland close to La Clinica to stay in. People gave us clothes, furniture and food.

I will never forget the flames and the smoke and the traffic that day. I am thankful my family is okay.

 

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...