Wednesday, November 2, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Mica's Fire Story

Micah’s 9-8-2020 Fire Story

as told on June 4, 2021

    I woke up at 6:30, in the morning. I got dressed. As usual, I put on shorts and an Under Armor blue shirt. I started playing video games for about an hour. I was home with my dad and my brother, Kaleb.

    I went outside to play around 10:00. It was super windy. I went inside to get a sweatshirt. I smelled the smoke! Dad was in bed. Kaleb was playing video games, like always. He got his clothes and we drove to Chuck Robert’s Field and the batting cages. Me and my brother played and we saw flames. We went back to the house to pack. I packed my Nintendo Switch and my iPad, all my clothes, and my food in my backpack, and we left. On our way to my mom’s house, I saw flames, lots of traffic, air planes and helicopters. And more flames!

    We went to my mom’s house and spent two nights there.

    I will always remember how I felt so scared and nervous. I am thankful that my house didn’t burn down.

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...