Sunday, November 6, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Oliva's Fire Story

 Olivia’s Fire Story

On the morning of September 8, 2020, I woke up and saw that my window was grey! My window was grey!

Because, there was smoke outside the window. 

Then we got a call from my dad! He told us to get out of the house and to grab the dogs.

We went to my dad’s shoe store in Ashland. We had to spend the night there in the store!

We picked up my grandma and family and went there.

There was a lot of traffic and when I looked at my sister, she was crying.

I fell asleep as we were going through the fire. I didn’t know, at first, there were flames around our car until my sister told me after I woke up.

We were driving for a long time because there was a lot of cars everywhere. Everyone was trying to evacuate!

I will never forget sleeping in that shoe store. I am happy that my family survived the terrible fires!

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...