Wednesday, July 13, 2022

STUDENT INTERVIEW: TALENT MIDDLE STUDENT- Rowen and Amber

 Middle School Student Interview with Parent

 “Hi! This is Rowen, I’ll be interviewing my mom, Amber, about the Almeda Fire today! When the fire happened, did you have to evacuate?”

“I did”

“What did you pack or bring with you when you evacuated?”

“Very little. Most important was gathering you, my kiddo, and the dog. And I had a bag that I threw my passport in, and some money, and then Levi reminded me that I should bring some clothes, so I grabbed that, a little bit of that, and um, I think I brought my guitar.”

“Ohh”

“So, I was not prepared to evacuate. I brought random things.”

“Where did you go? Where did you evacuate to?”

“We drove to Grants Pass and stayed with my ex-husband.”

“When were you notified about the fire, or did you find out on your own?”

“I was at work in Ashland, and my coworkers told me about it, and they were warning me that I might end up having to evacuate. And so, they sent people home early, and I remember struggling to get home to Talent to get you.”

“How far were you expecting the fire to spread?”

“I had no idea. In fact, it started to feel like there were fires on all sides of us. When we were in Grants Pass there were some down south, some more up north, it was scary.”

“What do you remember most about the fire?”

“The feeling of being horrified that I wasn’t going to be able to get home to get you out.”

“Was anything of yours destroyed by the fire?”

“Everything in the fridge and freezer had to get thrown out because the power went out.  

“Oh nooo”

“The power was down for a week I think, but that was it.”

“What do you think was your overall experience with the whole fire?

“It was horrifying, and it was eye opening to realize how anything can happen at any time.”

“Well…I think that answers all the questions! Thank you, mom!”

“You’re welcome, Rowen”

No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...