Wednesday, July 20, 2022

STUDENT STORY: TALENT ELEMENTARY STUDENT- Fank's fire story

September 8th

By, Frank

It was a normal morning. I got up and got dressed, and I went out to eat breakfast with my brothers. The first thing I noticed was that it was very windy. I didn’t really care…

Until lunchtime, when my mom told us that it was very smoky…

Smoke=fire, smoke=fire!

I thought, “this is crazy and this is scary!” So, we ate the rest of our lunch outside on a blanket. Then at around 6:00 or 5:00, my dad came and said a police officer came up the road and told us to pack up and evacuate! So, we packed up and drove to Jacksonville. The drive was a scary drive.

I SAW FLAMES AS BIG AS 40 TO 50 FEET TALL! THERE WERE CARS ON FIRE!

And by the time we got to Jacksonville, it was getting dark. We had to sleep in the Jacksonville Skatepark parking lot. In the morning, my dad picked me up. We went to my parents’ houses to check on them.

Luckily, both homes were fine.

September 9, 2020 was my brother, Chance’s birthday. My dad brought some donuts for brother’s birthday. So, we drove home and we could not use the water. We could not use the lights either. We could not play outside because it was too smokey. I felt sad that I couldn’t play outside!

At dinner, my dad cooked dinner on a camper stove.

On September 10, we could only go outside when we had a mask on. We could only go outside quickly. It was still smokey, we couldn’t even see Talent!

I will never forget the Alameda Fire of September 8, 2020.


No comments:

Intro

     The purpose of this blog is to document the history of the Almeda Fire. To protect contributors, we have intentionally not allowed comm...